The people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State

"The people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State.
The Constitution of Vermont."

Chodzi mi o użycie słowa "to bear" - jego główne znaczenie: "znosić" kompletnie nie pasuje do treści.
Proszę o wytłumaczenie dlaczego go użyto w tym przypadku.
starsze znaczenie, ktore przetrwalo w tym zwrocie
Tak się mowi- bear arms.
Jak wypełniałam formularz na obywatelstwo to tam była taka klauzula z tym zwrotem.
Dzięki

@chippy
W jakim kraju rzecz się działa?
Sprawdz mój profil :)
What's the difference between a chipmunk and a squirrel?
2 different animals. Chipmunks don't live in Europe that's why there is no word for them. They store food and they hibernate for the winter. They live underground in the tunnels that they dig, the whole system of tunnels with false entrances to mislead the predators. They are smaller and prettier. They run very fast. The tail of a chipmunk is not bushy. They will get friendly if you feed them, they will even come inside the house if you leave a bag of peanuts there. Squirrels burry the nuts and then they dig them out. They live in trees in hollows, they also nest in trees. And of course They are bigger.
edytowany przez chippy: 18 mar 2024
Poprawiłem błędy w tym co chippy napisała:

Chippy doesn't live in Europe that's why there is no word for her. She stores food and hibernates for the winter. She lives underground in the tunnels that she digs, the whole system of tunnels with false entrances to mislead the predators. She is small and pretty. She runs very fast. Her tail is not bushy. She will get friendly if you feed her, she will even come inside the house if you leave a bag of peanuts there.
Everything is true except for the peanuts. I prefer cashews
Chipmunk is friendlier than a cat?
They can be more friendly.
https://youtu.be/BhGqb8d6hII?si=lreJIhRAYZVK2wxH
There are other vids.
I don't think that cats are that friendly. They have an attitude. Chipmunks can be very friendly but they are wild animals and they cannot be domesticated as pets. It also depends on the chipmunk, some will always be scared. I had a chipmunk that walked all over me and would dive into the deep mug to get the last peanut. He didn't mind a bunch of people sitting there making a lot of noise talking and laughing. He had a family every year, a litter of 3 babies. It was such a pleasure to watch 5 heads sticking out of the hole; two bigger heads and 3 cute little tiny fluffies.
@Aaric; a very touching story in that video, touching and sad for both the chipmunk and the dog...

»

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia